Sometimes it seems impossible to find the right golf shoes for extra wide feet. Luckily there are some great golf brands out there that accommodate wider feet.
Taking into account the maker of golf shoes is just one part in shopping for them. You should also think about the material and even the lacing system to decide if you are getting the right shoes to not just fit the width of your feet, but to also fit your playing needs.
There are a few brands that make extra wide golf shoes. They are:
- Ecco: The tricky thing about Ecco shoes is that they are made in Europe so they have European sizing. They do not really have extra wide sizing, but that doesn’t stop them from being extra wide. At most, you might need to loosen up the laces before you put them on, but they are made of good material and stretch out the more that you wear them.
- FootJoy: FootJoy probably has the most extra wide golf shoes options out there. That said, they are also not always the most weather friendly. They are typically not waterproof, so you might want to have a better shoe
- New Balance: New Balance makes extra wide shoes for a variety of sports, golf included. They are more affordable than other brands as well, which might be a consideration for you. Their shoes typically have a stable sole and are all-around a solid pair of golf shoes.
- Sketchers: Sketchers is another brand that makes extra wide golf shoes. They are known to be comfortable and have a great fit. The series that they are from is called the Sketchers Go Golf.
While you might feel like you don’t have much of a choice in the material of your shoes when you need wide shoes, but that is not true. There are still material choices out there which can make a difference in your comfort on the green.
The Two Types Of Material Of Shoes Are:
- Leather: Leather is the most popular choice of golf shoe material. It will mold to fit your feet over time, making them incredibly comfortable to wear.
It can be waterproof or at least water resistant. Leather itself is not naturally waterproof, so the waterproof coating will come off over time and need to be redone. Because of their ability to form around feet, leather is the preferred material for players who have wide feet.
- Man-Made: The other most common material type for golf shoes is man-made or synthetic material. This material type costs less than leather, but it is a lot more waterproof than leather. Polyester is nonporous, so water cannot get in. Likewise, water cannot get out, so your feet will not have the ability to breathe.
The lining of golf shoes will sometimes be waterproof as well, including Goretex. This can help your feet breathe while also keeping out any water that might have seeped in.
What Else to Know
The most important thing to know is that it is a bad idea to try to squeeze wide feet into narrow shoes, even if they are leather. Your feet will become incredibly uncomfortable and it can negatively affect your game as well. Instead, try to find golf shoes that really will fit your feet.
The risk of injury will be lower, your comfort will be higher, and you can keep your focus more on the game and less on what is on your feet. Check out any of the brands we mentioned and find the right ones for you.
What’s up guys! It’s Tim here. Finding the right footwear for wide feet can be a challenge. And I know this from my own experience since I wear E or EE shoes. And that’s why I decided to start Wide Feet Gear. I want to help people with wide feet to find perfect shoes, boots, skates or cleats so they can look and feel great. Cheers!